Saturday 26 November 2011

Hi everybody! Let's look back to last week, when the North East Run 2011 was taking place at Pasir Ris Park.
The event overall was a success, in my opinion. Although at the start it seems that there was not many people taking, over the course of the run, as each category was flagged off, I realized that the number of participants involved in total was not a small amount.

The water points was adequately placed, though I had hoped more first aid station was available. I had noticed only 2 first aid station, each close to the 2 u-turn points at the end of Pasir Ris Park. However, one setback would be that it was raining before the event started and caused certain sections to be wet, slippery and muddy, yet that did not make the event a torture to run.

On a personal note, coming in at 1 hour 40 min, 10 minutes off my target time despite the recurrence of my leg injury, it makes my timing seems not too bad. Hope to have more of the chance to run more events, and calling out to all runners, let's aim to form our own BRP Heights Running group, and reach out to other aspiring runners.

Before ending off, kudos to North East CDC for organizing the North East Run 2011, and many more over the years.

PS. Pictures were not taken, due to a technical problem from the camera. But I have my result here.

No comments:

Post a Comment